Friday, April 29, 2011

Decoupage Table Tops- Feature Friday

A while back I bought a coffee table on clearance at Home Goods. It wasn't in the best of shape to begin with, but it did the trick for a while.  Well, during their 2nd year of life my twins have really beaten it up.  It now needs a make over.  I've thought about painting it, but I thought it would be fun to cover it with fabric instead,  since it's really only the top that is damaged.  I found this great tutorial on how to decoupage table tops at Jennifer Rizzo.com.

First,  she paints the table.


Then she added the fabric with decoupage medium.


A couple of coats of shellac show the finished product.


This project would be fun with some bright or graphic fabric as well.





I may try something like this on my desk as well.


xo,


mONICa

No comments:

Post a Comment