Monday, April 25, 2011

DIY- Pantry Makeover

I decided I was going to show you pictures of my pantry.  First of all, don't laugh at me, as my cabinets are empty and I really need to get to the store.  I'm definitely not an extreme couponer with my stockpile bursting at the seams.  What I do like however, is a place for everything and everything in its place.

When we purchased this home it had a pretty standard pantry with wire racks and closet sliding doors.  It was really hard to get anything large into the pantry because the closet doors got in the way.  So we decided to change the doors to double doors to make it more accessible.  I got rid of all the wire racks and was lucky enough to find some BESTA shelves on clearance at Ikea( never overlook the as-is section).  They were the perfect size for my pantry.  I stacked one on top of the other and then added a wine storage box and an espresso colored closet shelf to the top from Lowes.  Screwed and L-bracketed everything in its place a wha la!  I have a custom pantry.  For a cost of only $125.00.  For can storage I bought some wire pantry shelves for the doors.  I also have baskets for boxed goods (pasta, rice, tea, etc.), kitchen towels, and fruits and potatoes, Now I have a clean-looking, efficient space.

Wire pantry organizers keep cans in place.  Wine storage is great for storing wine and other beverages (2-liter soda, juice, etc.).



Full view


Baskets are great for storing fruit, potatoes, and dry goods.


xo,


mONICa

4 comments:

  1. I love it so much! I love that it looks totally custom expensive but really you just pieced things together to make it fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it doesn't even look like a pantry! i love it! nice job. I need a pantry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "my cabinets are empty and I really need to get to the store" lol...

    Nice pcture of your pantry.

    ReplyDelete