Monday, May 2, 2011

You might remember when I posted about using Ikea Panels to fill up a large wall as art work.  Well, I am going to add a disclosure to that post.  IF YOU HAVE SMALL CHILDREN DO NOT USE IKEA PANELS AS ART WORK.  "Why?", you may ask.  Well, children will climb on your couch and pull the panels down.  So the large wall that I had filled is now blank again.

My poor wall looks so lonely.  After the incident, I made a decision to move the couch away from the wall so that  children would have less access to my art work.

So now plan B is in place.  I will tell you right now that I am not an artist, but I felt that this wall needed more color. I originally planned to stretch a graphic fabric around boards to add some color. After a trip to the fabric store and not finding the bold pattern that I was looking for, I've decided to paint some pictures myself.  Tip number 1....if you are not an artist stick with large bold pattern.  It's very more paint by numbers equivalent and much easier to do.  So here it is,  1 of 4.

There will be 3 more in this series and I will reveal them as they come.  I pick the canvas board up at Walmart, a 3 pack was $9.00.  Walmart also carries these glassless frames for $2.97 each.  The paint is left over from other house projects. So when all is said and done, this project will come in at around $21 for 4- 16x20 paintings.  I can't wait to reveal the rest.

xo,

mONICa

No comments:

Post a Comment