Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This dining room completely inspires me. It's fun, whimsical, and very eclectic & chic. The bright colors are gorgeous, mixed in with the industrialness of the navy chairs, the electicness of the turquoise piano, the chicness of the chandeliers, and the rusticness of the table. Did I miss any nesses?


If you haven't checked out the Addicted 2 decorating's blog, you must!! She has some amazing ideas.


Her design board is amazing as well. Some great finds.


Ok, now lets see how inexpensively I can do this. I think some of these pieces are a must have in my next dining room, I really like the idea of the 2 chandeliers, and what a better place to put a piano. This a great inspiration for those who turn their original formal dining rooms into a playroom or office and redo their formal living rooms into formal dining rooms. (Did you catch all that?)


Ok, let's start with the dining table. Although I love the farm table. I'm going to put in the table I already have because 1.) It's inexpensive, 2.) It's functional and seats up to 10, and 3.) because if I decide to do my dining room like this I already have it.


This is the BJURSTA Table from Ikea and at $299 I think it's a great option.

These Navy chairs are a steal at $89.99 for a 2 Pack. They are available through nobetterdeal.com.

Here is some bright floral fabric for you. Found these on Unofurniture.com for $123.25. Target also has a great selection on slipper chairs and accent chairs and start at $99

I also really like the Josette Chair from Pier 1 for $199.

Here's a great area rug and even better, it's on clearance at Macy's.



Pick up a couple of great chandeliers for $149 each at Overstock.com.



Now for the wingback chair. Here is one option, a Craigslist find, or you can use this great paint technique I found on any wing back chair or can always reupholster or slip cover.

and now for a photo of the paint tachnique...



The china cabinet/hutch...the possibilities are endless. Just search your local Craigslist and you will find tons of items that are waiting to be repurposed and painted black. Here is my pick for $55



As for the piano, this is my favorite. If you have help to move it, you can probably snatch one of these up for free. Many people have pianos that need refinishing and have probably never thought to paint them. Here is one I found on my local Craigslist for free. With a little paint, it can be a fun whimsical piece for your room.




So there it is, my sensibly chic version of the Addicted2decorating inspiration room.


Do you have an inspiration room? Send me your photo at frugaleclecticchic@gmail.com,
please don't forget to tell me where you are from so I can look up your local Craigslist. Your room may be featured in a future blog post.


xo,


mONICa

No comments:

Post a Comment