Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thrifty Kitchen Islands

ThRiFty ThuRsDays

Kitchen islands have been really thrilling me lately.  Maybe because my island is the most boringest traditional thing that you've ever seen.  Matches my cabinets perfectly, blah! blah! blah!  I seriously can't wait to get another house so I can think outside of the box and create a little.  I find absolutely no inspiration in my house.  It's a great house, don't get me wrong, but I want to have some fun!!!  Oh boy, I'm starting to sound a little whiny, must be from hanging out with 3 year olds all day, but see what I mean?

Kitchen with quartz and granite countertops


but not bad for where I came from:


builder grade kitchen


Here are some great ideas for a Thrifty Kitchen Island:


dresser kitchen islandAn old dresser via RemodelaholicBlue Dresser Kitchen IslandAn Antique Dresser via Apartment TherapyIkea Expedit Kitchen IslandA bookshelf via Ikea Hackersdesk kitchen islandA desk via Ready MadeKitchen Island out of a bathroom cabinetA bar height table and bathroom cabinet via JenniferRizzo




What have you used to make a kitchen island?


xo,


mONICa

No comments:

Post a Comment