Thursday, May 5, 2011

Graphic Coffee Table

I thought I'd stop by to show you what I've been working on,this week. Besides trying to finish my series of artwork, I've been working on a coffee table project.  Last week I had mentioned that I was looking into decoupaging my coffee table after it had been pretty beaten up.  Well, after an unlucky trip to the fabric store, I decided to paint it instead.  Not only will I get something closer to what I want, but it is a more frugal alternative.  Anyway, this is what is looked like before.

When I bought this table, I loved it.  I loved the inlay look and the mid-century/ West Elm lines.  What I didn't like is that it was slightly beaten up, but since I have 2-year-old twins,  I figured it was just gonna get beat up more.  Well, it did.  Now that I have my home for sale I decided that the room needed to be a bit more tidy, yet practical so I decided to paint the table, so that hopefully it looks nicer.

Here is the progress.  Full DIY instructions to come when the project is finished.



Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the taping, but you get the idea.

xo,

mONICa

1 comment:

  1. [...] 9, 2011 by vintagecatwalk Last week I started this Graphic Coffee Table  project.  As of Saturday, it is officially complete.  Here is a quick glimpse at how if looked [...]

    ReplyDelete