Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thrifty Fireplace Gears

My score of the week are these two gear-like decorative pieces.  Somehow my living room seems to be evolving into New York Loft meets Mid-Century Hollywood Regency.  So these two pieces fit perfectly into my eclectic theme.  They are metal and I'm thinking possibly meant for the outdoors, but flanking my art on the fireplace mantel seemed to do the trick for me.  I picked these up on clearance for $7.49 each.  The trick for me was that they were cheap, there were two, and they had a hint of a peacock color (more to come).



I was hoping for something a little taller since I have high ceilings, but I love the randomness of gears flanking my fireplace so I think I'll keep them.  

xo,

mONICa


1 comment:

  1. What a neat find! Those gears really stand out on your mantel. It's intriguing how much old metal is showing up in decor. Love your Hollywood Regency meets New York Loft...so apt!

    ReplyDelete