Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Neutralize

wilD caRd wednDayS

First of all, I have to say that you'll have to excuse me for not posting every day for the next month or so.  I'm in the middle of a cross-country move and things are pretty hectic.  In an effort to neutralize our house I've painted colors on the wall that I never thought I would see in my house, but I have to admit I kind of like it.  Instead of selling we are tossing around the idea of renting for a year.  It's a little scary, but if it means I get to go back to California then it is what it is.  Here are pics of the two rooms I neutralized this weekend.  A neutral palette is essential whether you are renting or selling.

My old office


dark grey office with white furniture


Here's the new color


Gobi DesertThe color is Gobi Desert by Behr and the paint primer combination is awesome.  Covering that grey only took two coats with no primer.


Here is my son Niko's room before


lime green boys room


Here is what it looks like now


Behr Gobi DesertIt only took one coat to paint this room.  It's kind of sad the fun is gone, but gotta do it to part ways.



I have to admit.  I really like this color and will mark it in my paint fan for future reference.  What are some of you favorite neutral colors?


xo,


mONICa

No comments:

Post a Comment