Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another reason why I prime

wilD caRD weDneSDayS

So a lot of us have come to know and love primer.  #1 reason to prime is to make your paint stick to the piece you are painting, but there is another reason I prime.

Have you ever though you prepped a piece really good only to find out there was a flaw lurking around the corner?  Well I have.  Just came across it again the other day while working on a piece.  I had sanded filled in all the holes and then came primer.  That's when it snuck up on me.

furniture crack

"AH HA!!!  ", I said.  "I got you."  Ok no, I really didn't say that, but I was thinking it.  This humungo crack was hiding behind a perfectly good finish.  So priming it gave me the perfect opportunity to fill it and sand it before paint.

So although priming is an extra step, it really does pay off in more than one way.

xo,

mONICa

 

2 comments:

  1. I've had flaws jump out at me after priming too. I fix all the dings and scratches I can prior to priming, but there's something about that matte primer finish that makes other flaws visible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] I did my thing.  I prepped, primed, painted, and [...]

    ReplyDelete