Monday, July 7, 2014

DIY Piano Stand

Since I went back to work full time its been challenging to get projects done around the house.  I've resorted to buying Ikea stuff as disposable furniture.  This weekend however, was different.  I needed a stand for my keyboard (a newly found hobby of mine).  However, I couldn't find one that fit my keyboard.  Yeah, I could've resorted to one like this that they sell at Amazon and hope it wouldn't fall apart.



But  that one is $89 dollars plus tax and who knows what it is made of or if my keyboard will even fit.  Then I found this online.


It was perfect (well almost).  See my keyboard doesn't have a lip that the side could slip into.  So that meant it would need a top.  He made the above one out of two shelves from Ikea and some added wood, for only $26 dollars.  I thought I could get even cheaper if I did the whole thing DIY.
Here is what I came up with.



I cut 2 matching sides out of 1 x 12 and a 1 x 4 support beam.  Then added the 1 x 12 top, screwed it all together and gave it a quick coat of stain.   Viola!  It was super easy and fits my keyboard perfectly.  




xoxo.

mONICa

No comments:

Post a Comment