Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm Back From Vacation

I guess catching up is not as easy as I thought it would be.  I'm gone for a couple of weeks and blogger has totally changed on me.  I still don't feel caught up.  I have tons of pieces to complete and the weather has not been cooperating (we are actually getting April showers).  May 1st is the deadline I've given myself to get back into the swing of things, so please be patient with me until then.

Our trip to Kentucky was awesome.  I got to visit some friends in Northern Kentucky, it's always lovely to see faces that you dearly miss.  There was a tornado there a few months ago and fortunately not too many were affected that I new, but unfortunately some of the people they know were affected.  They took me to go see one of the areas where it hit hardest.


After visiting the Cincinnati area, we headed toward Lexington where our dear friend let us visit her horse farm.  It was gorgeous and the weather was perfect.


We visited the Lexington Cemetery and saw some really old grave sites, including a civil war monument.

We also saw many historical homes and plantations including the Waveland Museum.


and no Kentucky trip is complete without visiting the Bourban Trail.  Our stop, Woodward Reserve Distillery.



We had so much fun, and the food was great.  We had everything from Fried Green Tomatoes, to Chicken Pot Pie,  

We made it to Kentucky without even hearing one Banjo playing. Lol! Must be a California stereotype.


Well, I've got a few new projects so stay tuned, we should be having some decorating fun shortly.

xo,

mONICa

No comments:

Post a Comment