Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mid Century Madness

I always feel sorry for those Danish modern dressers from the midcentury that got a little too much love.  It's like they are tossed out as rejects who didn't make it into a million dollar collection.  I mean, I get it, it's all about those mint midcentury show pieces, but what do you do when your show piece didn't win the show down.

Paint it of course!!  In order to keep the integrity of this piece we decided to leave the drawer fronts alone, imperfections and all.  I love the masculinity of this dresser and the clean modern lines.  Unfortunately once again, I didn't snap any before pictures, but I hope you like how it turned out.

mid century modern dresser


I used a fern green color to compliment the walnut tones.


danish modern credenza green



If you look very close you can see where there is imperfection, but that gives it all the more character, and to tell the truth it was in pretty good shape when we got it.
mad men dresser 1960s


Can anyone say Mad Men.


xo,


mONICa

No comments:

Post a Comment