Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Guest Post- Barbara @ Chase The Star

Hello all.  Today we have Barbara from Chase The Star sharing her amazing rocking chair transformation.  She is so sweet, she did this for her friend and it turned out great!!

Take it away Barbara.


Hi everyone!  I'm Barbara from Chase the Star , and I'm so excited to be a guest here at Decorating Insanity!  I am a BIG fan of Monica's furniture transformations, she is so talented and creative!  It's truly an honor to be here, thanks Monica!

Recently my friend asked me to breathe a little 'life' into her dilapidated rocking chair.  She'd kept it in her back yard for a few years, where it got rained on and just beat down by the elements.  


Even one of its legs had come undone; this one needed some major surgery to bring it back to the land of the living.  

Oh yeah, I was so up or this challenge, BRING IT ON!


Here's a quick recap on how this ugly duckling became a beautiful princess!

1.  This chair had a lot of weather damage, so I had to sand it down with an orbital sander, and then go over the smaller nooks and crannies by hand. 



2.  Once it was sanded down as much as possible, I used Zinsser Cover Stain as a primer.



3. Once the primer was dry, I rolled on the paint, and used a brush in the hard to reach corners.  I chose a pale blue, 'Prelude' by Behr, to give it a fresh look!


4.  As a last step I sprayed a few coats of exterior semi-gloss polyurethane over the entire piece.  


Back to life!


This took the better part of a day to completely overhaul, but my bestie was so happy with her newly rockin' rocking chair!  It made all the work totally worth it!

If you like furniture makeovers, take a look at my Craigslist Cabinet Makeover, Kid's Subway Dresser, and Desk Upcycle, or just browse through my blog Chase the Star  for more crafts and decorating ideas!  

Hope to see you there!

Thanks again to Monica for letting me share this rocking chair makeover with your readers!



1 comment:

  1. Great job!! I am actually in the process of redoing my outdoor rockers. I haven't decided what color to paint them. Love the light blue! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete